Cloudwatch integration for Zabbix 3.x
Current release: 1.1.0. Zabbix template was tested with Zabbix 3.4, please revert to 1.0.0 if you find any backward incompatibility and open an issue.
- Create specialized user account in AWS and grant it permissions for required services and API calls (for example
- Clone github repo: https://github.com/wawastein/zabbix-cloudwatch
- Copy contents of
/usr/lib/zabbixdirectory, change owner of the dir and its contents to user under which you run Zabbix
- Install system-wide
- Put credentials of account created in (1) into
- Create host with 0.0.0.0 as interface and link it to the template. Change macros
REGIONto correspond to your case:
- Enable/Disable all discovery rules/items/triggers you think necessary, add new or modify existing ones.
Default template has rules and items for following services:
- EC2 (requires
describe_instances()API call permissions)
- RDS (
- ELB (
- EMR (
- ELBv2 (
- S3 (
Detailed overview at: https://wordpress.com/read/feeds/49943587/posts/1417437611
Hit me up on twitter @wawastein if you got any questions, submit pull requests, fork all you want, and Papa bless.