Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 28 million developers.Sign up
This is the final release of Way Cooler that will utilize wlc. From this point forward, consider rust-wlc abandoned.
Way Cooler is switching to wlroots. You can follow the porting process on our wlroots-rs bindings repo. Once those bindings are complete, Way Cooler will switch to wlroots for v0.8.0. Once the move is complete, work will begin again on making Way Cooler function as a drop-in replacement for AwesomeWM.
To see all changes in this release, consult this milestone listing.
- NixOS users can now enjoy a much more complete Way Cooler experince thanks to the work done by @gnidorah. (#446)
- Install script from http://way-cooler.org/download now properly sets the uid bit for non-systemd systems. (#398)
- Raspberry Pi's are now officially supported. (#369)
- It is now possible to compile Way Cooler for ArmV7 devices. (#445)
Note that all of the extension programs (
wc-grab) have backward incompatible changes in this release. Previous versions will not work as expected!
The following changes take effect in this release:
- The background program binary has been renamed to
- The background program now properly assigns backgrounds to all outputs.
- A default background is now used when the background program is provided no arguments. Thanks to @platipo for the background contribution! (#141)
- The background program no longer uses a hack in order to render but uses the standard desktop-shell Wayland protocol.
- As a consequence, you can now use
sway-bgon Way Cooler and
- As a consequence, you can now use
- The lockscreen program no longer uses a hack in order to render but uses a modified version of the desktop-shell protocol.
- It is modified so that we can lock multiple screens using an effect. This may change in the future, but that means we are non-standard compared to e.g Sway.
- Added a fancy new blur effect that will blur the screen when it locks. (https://github.com/way-cooler/way-cooler-lock/releases/tag/v0.2.0)
- Updated to use the latest D-Bus protocol. (https://github.com/way-cooler/way-cooler-grab/releases/tag/v0.3.0)
- Can now choose whether root containers have borders or not. (#451)
- Moved from hlua to rlua in preparation for AwesomeWM compatibility. (#378)
- Updated wayland-rs to v0.12.0. (#452)
- Fixes build error on some Ubuntu systems. (#452)
- Updated petgraph to v0.4.7 (#400)
- Updated rust-wlc.
- Updated to use the latest pointer motion callback. This fixes the rounding bug that would cause the mouse to not perform as expected. (#453)
- Can now copy text from/to pure Wayland and XWayland clients. (#328)
- Started preleminary work on AwesomeWM compatibilty. (#383, #396, #429, #423)
- Most of this is setting up the OO and signal systems used by the Lua libraries. This is mostly complete and all that's left is implementing the interfaces.
- Config directory now included in Lua's
- Defaulting to the pre-compiled configuration fallback now properly cleans up state from the previous Lua instance. (#382)
- Tabbed/Stacked tiling made much more like i3. Special thanks to @Arnaz87 for putting the work in to fix the rendering! (#439, #450)
- Floating containers no longer show in Tabbed/Stacked list. (#440)
- Title bar now displayed correctly even when its value is different from the other border sizes. (#410)
- Floating containers are now properly pulled forward again when focused. (#432, #412)
- When a floating view is the focused view it is now properly displayed on top of other floating views (#415, #413)
- Spawning programs no longer sometimes triggers a segfault. (#430)