Folder & File Maker for Brackets
A nice way of creating new folders and files in a project. Templates can also be used on files.
Installing the Extension
Go to Brackets' Extension Manager(EM) and either:
- search by name and install,
- use this github url and paste to EM link,
- or upload manually with this repo's zip file.
Using the Extension
- click on the Folder & File Maker icon (Fm) in the toolbar
- write designated folder name(s) and a file name (one can be optional)
- if folder names are excluded, the file will be made in the root directory
- if the file name is excluded, the folder(s) will be created if not already
- can create nested folders, i.e.:
srcdoes not yet exist
src/jswill create folder
- it wont create
src/jsfolders because they exist from previous submission
- click OK to create!
Add a template
- create a folder with the title you want to see for the templates dropdown,
- in this folder will be your single file that you want to use as a template.
- in Brackets editor, got to
Help > Show Extensions Folder,
- navigate your way to
- paste your folder (with the template file) into the
- reload with extensions (
Debug > Reload with Extensions) to see changes.
As this was my first Brackets extension and initially was for personal use it has not been extremely tested. It may not work on all versions/systems or with certain extensions.
Knowing how to change/remove templates will be understood by knowing the
Add a templatesection. Feel free to clone this repo to change/add templates for your own use or in anyway you see fit.