Updates and improvements to the WayScript platform.
November 13th, 2019
- You can now easily share scripts with public links and manage permissions!
- Share with the world via a publicly accessible link
- Limit access by only sharing with a specific person
- Allow users to run scripts in your account without needing to copy the script to their account
- Manage permissions by adding, deleting, or changing users' access
- We have revamped the experience in the HTTP Trigger!
- Sample code makes it easier than ever to quickly run a program from your terminal
- You can pass query parameters and/or JSON body parameters when triggering your program
- The Webhook Trigger has been deprecated, as all of its functionality (and more!) is available in the HTTP Trigger
November 4th, 2019
- We have updated the login and signup flows to provide more information and streamline the process.
- We have made it easier to add comments within your scripts.
- Added more consistent styling for variable colors, so it's easer to determine the types of your variables.
- When adding variables, you are now given a preview of the variable's content.
- You can now drill down into variables using the
.operator. For example, you can access the content of a particular Tweet within a list of Tweets by referencing
October 16th, 2019
- Reply-to addresses are now available as an output of the Gmail trigger.
October 8th, 2019
- You can now log in with GitHub!
September 13th, 2019
- Google Assistant integration is now available! Trigger your WayScript programs by saying "Hey, Google" and have the Google Assistant respond back to you.
- You can now password-protect your custom HTTP endpoints.
- Added Discord functionality, so you can trigger WayScript programs to run when various Discord events occur, or interact with Discord channels using the WayScript bot.
- New Twitter functionality:
September 6th, 2019
- Now you can preview templates in "read-only" mode. Click here for an example!
- WayScript no longer requires a beta key, so anyone can create an account!
- Documentation for each module now appears in a panel on the right side of the script editor, so you don't have to interrupt your flow to look something up!
August 30th, 2019
- Added functionality for hosting your own web app in WayScript. This includes the following features:
- HTTP Trigger, which allows you to trigger a function when a user visits a URL.
- HTTP Response module, which returns the output of your script as an HTTP response.
- HTML module for composing HTML code to serve as content on your webpage.
- CSS module for styling your webpage.
- Images module for adding images to your scripts and including them in HTML.
- The Build a Website template is now available in the Template Library.
- The Python module now includes the Chrome headless browser, which you can interact with using Selenium.
- You can now add comments to steps within your scripts.
August 23rd, 2019
- Python Slackbot added to the Template Library.
- Variable pills now work in code editors.
- You can now share scripts that contain modules requiring authentication.
- Added ability to trust a computer when using Two-Factor Authentication.
August 20th, 2019
- Added Else-If functionality to the Conditional logic module.
- Added a While Loop module.
- Added the Pie Chart data visualization module, allowing you to visualize category proportions in data.