A dead-simple site that provides a scoring of Mastodon instances, scraped from instances.mastodon.xyz, and pulls some additional contextual information from each instance.
I hereby disclaim that the code is crappy for I was scrappy.
Roadmap / To-dos
- Add instructional information for newbies on how Mastodon works
- Add language tagging
- Add human-purpose tagging (lookin' at you, botsin.space)
- Allow users to add their own sites
- Manually get HTTPS/open registration data
- Directly visit instance for data on domain, user count, etc.
- Exposing the scoring algorithm as an API endpoint, allow people to plug in their own values for the formula
- Add timeline preview
- Add a favicon
- Add some social graph tags and such
- Fix relative links from about pages (or disable links entirely(?))
- Better mobile optimization