Save time tracking expenses and get back to what matters
Turn your phone into a receipt scanner and expense report generator with Smart Receipts! With Smart Receipts, you can track your receipts and easily generate beautiful PDF and CSV reports.
Download Smart Receipts on the Apple AppStore:
- Smart Receipts. The free version of the app, but it also supports an in-app purchase subscription.
The free and plus versions versions are identical, except the plus version offers the following enhancements:
- The paid version has no ads
- The paid version supports automatic backups to Google Drive
- The paid version automatically processes exchange rate conversions
- The paid version allows you to automatically break down prices by category/payment method in your reports
- The paid version allows you to edit/customize the pdf report footer (by default, it is "Report Generated with Smart Receipts")
Table of Contents
- Smart Receipts
Curious about how Smart Receipts works? Check out our usage guide:
Or watch out YouTube video series.
- Create expense report "folders" to categorize your receipts
- Take receipt photos with your camera's phone
- Import existing pictures on your device
- Import PDF receipts
- Save receipt price, tax, and currency
- Tag receipt names, categories, payment method, comments, and other metadata
- Create/edit/delete all receipt categories
- Track distance traveled for mileage reimbursement
- Automatic exchange rate processing
- Smart prediction based on past receipts
- Generate PDF, CSV, & ZIP reports
- Fully customizable report output
- Automatic backup support via Google Drive
- OCR support for receipt scans
- Graphical breakdowns of spending per category
- Cross-organization setting standardization
To install, clone or pull down this project. Once you the code on your machine, be sure to install cocoapods and then run the following commands:
pod repo update pod install
Please note that that in order to use this project fully, you will need to replace the following place holder files:
SmartReceipts/Service Account.json. This is is used for Firebase crash reporting.
SmartReceipts/GADConstants.m. This is required to display AdMob advertisments. Replace this with an empty string to prevent ads from loading successfully.
SmartReceipts/Supporting Files/Secrets.swift. This is used for low usage "secret" keys that are secret enough that I do not wish to place them in GitHub but are not so secret that they need to be removed from the compiled IPA entirely.
It is recommended to run the following commands after cloning this project in order to avoid accidentally pushing changes to these files:
git update-index --assume-unchanged SmartReceipts/Ads/GADConstants.m
git update-index --assume-unchanged SmartReceipts/Supporting Files/Secrets.swift
git update-index --assume-unchanged SmartReceipts/ServiceAccount.json
This will prevent git from tracking these changes against your local secrets.
If you like our project, please consider donating:
Contributions are always welcome! Please open an issue to report a bug or file a feature request to get started.
We currently use Travis-CI for our continuous integration in order perform tests against new commits, allowing us to avoid potential regressions. You can monitor the current build status here:
All repository secrets have been replaced with placeholder files, so Travis should be able to build properly for all requests.
The GNU Affero General Public License (AGPL) Copyright (c) 2012-2017 Smart Receipts LLC (Will Baumann) This program is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU Affero General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU Affero General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU Affero General Public License along with this program. If not, see <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/>.