Release date: 2013-11-06
- Added a wal argument to various data manipulation methods on the :py:class:`Table` and :py:class:`Batch` classes to determine whether to write the mutation to the Write-Ahead Log (WAL). (issue #36).
- Pass batch_size to underlying Thrift Scan instance (issue #38).
- Expose server name and port in :py:meth:`Table.regions` (recent HBase versions only) (issue #37).
- Regenerated bundled Thrift API modules using a recent upstream Thrift API definition. This is required to expose newly added API.
Release date: 2013-06-12
- Rewrote exception handling in connection pool. Exception handling is now a lot cleaner and does not introduce cyclic references anymore. (issue #25).
- Regenerated bundled Thrift code using Thrift 0.9.0 with the new-style classes flag (issue #27).
Release date: 2013-05-24
- Added a thread-safe connection pool (:py:class:`ConnectionPool`) to keep connections open and share them between threads (issue #21).
- The :py:meth:`Connection.delete_table` method now features an optional disable parameter to make deleting enabled tables easier.
- The debug log message emitted by :py:meth:`Table.scan` when closing a scanner now includes both the number of rows returned to the calling code, and also the number of rows actually fetched from the server. If scanners are not completely iterated over (e.g. because of a 'break' statement in the for loop for the scanner), these numbers may differ. If this happens often, and the differences are big, this may be a hint that the batch_size parameter to :py:meth:`Table.scan()` is not optimal for your application.
- Increased Thrift dependency to at least 0.8. Older versions are no longer available from PyPI. HappyBase should not be used with obsoleted Thrift versions.
- The :py:class:`Connection` constructor now features an optional timeout parameter to to specify the timeout to use for the Thrift socket (issue #15)
- The timestamp argument to various methods now also accepts long values in addition to int values. This fixes problems with large timestamp values on 32-bit systems. (issue #23).
- In some corner cases exceptions were raised during interpreter shutdown while closing any remaining open connections. (issue #18)
Release date: 2012-07-11
- Add an optional table_prefix_separator argument to the :py:class:`Connection` constructor, to specify the prefix used for the table_prefix argument (issue #3)
- Add support for framed Thrift transports using a new optional transport argument to :py:class:`Connection` (issue #6)
- Add the Apache license conditions in the :doc:`license statement <license>` (for the included HBase parts)
- Documentation improvements
Release date: 2012-05-25
- Improved compatibility with HBase 0.90.x
- In earlier versions, using :py:meth:`Table.scan` in combination with HBase 0.90.x often resulted in crashes, caused by incompatibilities in the underlying Thrift protocol.
- A new compat flag to the :py:class:`Connection` constructor has been added to enable compatibility with HBase 0.90.x.
- Note that the :py:meth:`Table.scan` API has a few limitations when used with HBase 0.90.x.
- The row_prefix argument to :py:meth:`Table.scan` can now be used together with filter and timestamp arguments.
- Lower Thrift dependency to 0.6
- The setup.py script no longer installs the tests
- Documentation improvements
Release date: 2012-05-22
- Fix package installation, so that
pip install happybaseworks as expected (issue #1)
- Various small documentation improvements
Release date: 2012-05-20
- Initial release