To-do list and possible future work
This document lists some ideas that the developers thought of, but have not yet implemented. The topics described below may be implemented (or not) in the future, depending on time, demand, and technical possibilities.
- Improved error handling instead of just propagating the errors from the Thrift layer. Maybe wrap the errors in a HappyBase.Error?
- Automatic retries for failed operations (but only those that can be retried)
- Connection pooling (maybe based on PyCassa's ConnectionPool?)
- Thread safety. This involves at least coordinating access to the socket connection to HBase's Thrift gateway.
- Port HappyBase over to the (still experimental) HBase Thrift2 API when it becomes mainstream, and expose more of the underlying features nicely in the HappyBase API.