Python Workout Generator v0.4
What is this repository for?
- A simple python script to generate a random workout based on the number of days per week that the user wants to work out.
- Learn Markdown
How do I get set up?
- Make sure you're using Python 3.4.3.
- Fork the repository to a safe location on your hard drive and pull every time you want to work on it.
- This repository is accessible via HTTPS or SSH
- Comment out all new code additions and write out new additions in commit messages.
- After you finish what you wanted to work on, commit the changes you made and write a brief message explaining what you did. Then push your changes to the server.
Who do I talk to?
- Project Lead: Billy Brawner email@example.com
- Generate a random workout for a user.
- Take into account the number of days per week they want to/are able to work out.
- Muscles accounted for in the workout: chest, back, legs, triceps, biceps, shoulders, forearms, calves, abs.
- Take into account a user's goals (Strength, Endurance, Hypertrophy.)
- Take into account a user's preference (Free weights, selectorized equipment, or cable equipment.)
- Take into account a user's fitness level (beginner, intermediate, advanced) and modify the workout given accordingly.
- Save routine to a file for easy access later.
Possible future features
- Add warm-ups, cool downs, and foam rolling to make the workouts more complete.
- Include rest and tempo into the format.
- Allow user to input how many sets, reps, and weight for each exercise completed in order to track their progress.
- Allow user to substitute individual exercises in their list.
- Remember weight used for each exercise in previous workouts if the user has input them afterwards and suggest the highest weight used for each.
- Convert to a web app or native mobile app for use on phones/tablets (maybe both, since Apple is super strict on their app acceptance policy.)