Platform independent wrapping of "nice to have" debug functions.
- assert.h - implements a replacement for the standard assert() macro supporting callback at assert, and error-message with printf-format.
- callstack.h - implements capturing of callstack/backtrace + translation of captured symbols into name, file, line and offset.
- debugger.h - implements debugger_present to check if a debugger is attached to the process.
- static_assert.h - defines the macro STATIC_ASSERT( condition, message_string ) in an "as good as possible way" depending on compiler features and support. It will try to use builtin support for static_assert and _Static_assert if possible.
- fpe_ctrl.h - implements platform independent functions to get/set floating point exception and enable trapping of the same exceptions.
- hw_breakpoint.h - implements platform independent hardware breakpoints.
The files are designed to be able to be used by them self, only header and src should be needed by the user and all files should work by them self and compile with all common compilers without to many specific fixes.
- MSVC - callstack_symbols() require linking against Dbghelp.lib.
- GCC/Clang - callstack_symbols() require -rdynamic to be sepcified as link-flag to get valid symbols.
dbgtools - platform independent wrapping of "nice to have" debug functions. version 0.1, october, 2013 Copyright (C) 2013- Fredrik Kihlander This software is provided 'as-is', without any express or implied warranty. In no event will the authors be held liable for any damages arising from the use of this software. Permission is granted to anyone to use this software for any purpose, including commercial applications, and to alter it and redistribute it freely, subject to the following restrictions: 1. The origin of this software must not be misrepresented; you must not claim that you wrote the original software. If you use this software in a product, an acknowledgment in the product documentation would be appreciated but is not required. 2. Altered source versions must be plainly marked as such, and must not be misrepresented as being the original software. 3. This notice may not be removed or altered from any source distribution. Fredrik Kihlander