Create epub's using python. Pypub is a python library to create epub files quickly without having to worry about the intricacies of the epub specification.
The current release of pypub is available through pip:
$ pip install pypub
Pypub is currently only compatible with Python 2.
>>> import pypub >>> my_first_epub = pypub.Epub('My First Epub') >>> my_first_chapter = pypub.create_chapter_from_url('https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EPUB') >>> my_first_epub.add_chapter(my_first_chapter) >>> my_first_epub.create_epub('OUTPUT_DIRECTORY')
- Pypub is easy to install and has minimal dependencies.
- Pypub abstracts the epub specification. Create epubs without worrying about what an NCX is.
- Pypub can create epubs from websites, html files, strings, or a combination of all three.
- Pypub can clean up poorly formatted and complicated html so it will cleanly as a chapter in your book.
- Pypub creates epubs specifically so they can be converted into Amazon Kindle mobi or azw3 files. Don't know which tags Amazon supports? Don't worry about it because pypub does.
- Pypub is customizable. Don't like the way pypub sanitizes html files for you ebook? Pypub can be configured with your own sanitation function.
- Pypub is licensed under the MIT license. Do what you want with it.
Documentation is available at http://pypub.readthedocs.org/en/latest/developer_interface.html
Copyright and License
Copyright (c) 2016 William Cember
Licensed under the MIT License
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.