Control your VLC with your IRC.
I’ve included build-vlc.sh, which will download vlc and perform in-tree compilation including ircrc. If it doesn’t work it at least serves as documentation for the build process. You can also perform out-of-tree compilation.
- Download the latest VLC sources and install its build dependenices
- Extract vlc and run ./configure
- Copy src/ircrc.c to modules/control/ in the vlc source directory
- Add the following lines to modules/control/Modules.am:
libircrc_plugin_la_SOURCES = ircrc.c control_LTLIBRARIES += libircrc_plugin.la
To the end.
- Run “./bootstrap && ./configure && make” in the vlc directory
vlc -I ircrc --server your.irc.server --channel "#yourchannel" --nick some_nickname yourfile.avi
A few playlist commands are currently supported
- !enqueue <MRL>
If you modify ircrc.c after building, run “./build-vlc.sh –update” to just copy the file and invoke make without reconfiguring.