WC Vendors Marketplace
WC Vendors 2.0 is a major update. This has a brand new settings system that is not backwards compatible with the existing one. This means all extensions and plugins that interact with WC Vendors will need to be updated to support this new system.
WC Vendors 2.0 is not compatible with WC Vendors Pro 1.4.6.
Create your own marketplace and allow vendors to sell just like etsy, Envato, eBay, or Amazon type sites! This allows other sellers/vendors to sell tangible products, virtual products, or downloads on your site. With this plugin, your vendors receive commissions you set on products they sell from your store.
WC Vendors Marketplace was released to the market in October of 2014 having gotten its roots from Product Vendors by Matt Gates dating back to 2011. We are the number one multi vendor marketplace plugin for WordPress and WooCommerce. It is the most feature packed free plugin available for operating a WooCommerce based multi vendor store.
WC Vendors Marketplace Features
The following features are available as a part of the free WC Vendors Marketplace plugin.
- Create your own marketplace on WooCommerce
- Vendors can add / edit products from within the WordPress dashboard.
- Vendors can submit products for admin review, or send new products live to the site immediately.
- Vendors can view live sales for their products from their front end dashboard
- Vendors can comment on their orders (eg, to inform customers of a tracking number)
- Vendors can export their orders to a CSV file
- Vendors can sell all product types
- Vendors manage their own media gallery/library
- Vendors can add bank details to their profile to be paid out via bank transfer
- Vendor stores have limited customization via templates
- Vendors can be notified of new customer orders via email
- Vendors have a store front which shows only their products. Their products are also listed in the main catalog for the marketplace.
- Vendor registration is available from the WooCommerce login screen.
- Vendors have their own user accounts
- Commission rates can be set globally, Per Vendor or Per product this is limited to percentage commissions only.
- Commissions can be exported to CSV for payment via other methods such as bank transfer
- Commissions can be manually marked as paid or automatic using our Stripe gateway
- Setup wizard makes configuring your marketplace a breeze
- Admins have a range of vendor specific shortcodes are available
- Admins can manually approve vendor applications or allow all applications to be accepted
- Shipping is limited to free shipping or via 3rd party plugins. Shipping zones are not supported.
- Allow tax collected to be given directly to the vendor during commission calculations.
- Test Payment Gateway included for testing your store before it goes live
- WPML Compatible
- Not compatible with WordPress Multisite
- Documentation with great articles on all the hooks, actions, filters, shortcodes, neat tricks, etc can be found on our documentation site here http://docs.wcvendors.com/
WC Vendors Pro
The following features are part of WC Vendors Pro our feature rich addition to your marketplace. Move all your vendors tasks to the frontend. They no longer need or see the WordPress admin.
- Vendors have a main dashboard showing sales reports and recent orders and products.
- Vendors have complete front end product management
- Vendors can add their own coupons that only apply to their products
- Vendors have advanced shipment tracking including shipping providers
- Vendors have the ability to print a shipping label with a picking list
- Vendors can add all their own social media profile links
- Vendors can add SEO to their store and products
- Vendors can add their own banner and store icon
- Vendors have a comprehensive shipping system available. Either flat rate or table rate based.
- Vendor stores templates are more advanced
- Vendors have more control over their order notes
- Vendors vacation module is included as part of pro not an extra addon
- Admins have multiple commission rate options including percentage, percentage + fee, fixed, fixed + fee.
- Admins can set global shipping rates as well as allow different shipping modules per vendor. Setting one as flat rate, while another can be table rate
- Ebay style feedback allows customers to rate the products from the vendors
- Premium ticket based support for all pro users. Annual and lifetime support licenses available.
- There's more features to Pro than listed here!
See our full comparison of free vs pro here Compare free and pro
We currently ship WC Vendors Marketplace free with the following language translations. If you would like translate WC Vendors Marketplace into your language we would be more than happy to include it in our next release. You can submit a pull request on our github page or you can email your completed translation to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Austrian German
- Japanese (thanks Shohei Tanaka)
- Brazilian Portuguese
- Download and install from WordPress.org.
- Launch the setup wizard and follow the setup screens.
- All settings are available under the WordPress Admin / WC Vendors / Settings screen
- Configure your email notifications under WooCommerce / Settings / Emails screen
- View Commissions under WC Vendors / Commissions and WooCommerce / Reports / WC Vendors screen
- Vendors and pending vendors are available on the WordPress / Users screen
Frequently Asked Questions
What version of WooCommerce do you support ?
We require a minimum of WooCommerce 3.0 to work. Any version prior to this will not work. We encourage you to be running the latest WordPress and WooCommerce at all times.
What version of php has been tested ?
PHP 5.6 and above is required. Tested all the way to the latest PHP 7!
Where do I get help ?
Does WC Vendors Marketplace work with Multisite ?
WC Vendors Marketplace does not work with multisite WordPress. There are no plans to support this.
Drop by and say hello! https://www.wcvendors.com/contact-us/ or create an issue if you've found an issue