A curated list for awesome GitOps resources inspired by @sindresorhus' awesome
What is GitOps?
GitOps is a way to do Kubernetes cluster management and application delivery. It works by using Git as a single source of truth for declarative infrastructure and applications, together with tools ensuring the actual state of infrastructure and applications converges towards the desired state declared in Git. With Git at the center of your delivery pipelines, developers can make pull requests to accelerate and simplify application deployments and operations tasks to your infrastructure or container-orchestration system (e.g. Kubernetes).
Why is GitOps awesome?
Modern software development practices assume support for reviewing changes, tracking history, comparing versions, and rolling back bad updates; GitOps applies the same tooling and engineering perspective to managing the systems that deliver direct business value to users and customers.
- Operations by pull request - a blog entry about how GitOps came about at Weaveworks
- GitOps.tech - a summary of how GitOps works
- ArgoCD - Declarative continuous deployment for Kubernetes
- Atlantis - Terraform pull request automation
- Autoapply - Automatically apply changes from a Git repository to a Kubernetes cluster
- CloudBees Rollout - Feature Flag as-a-Service that leverages GitOps & Config-as-Code (commercial product from CloudBees)
- FluxCD - The GitOps Kubernetes operator
- Helm Operator - Automates Helm Chart releases in a GitOps manner
- Flagger - Progressive delivery Kubernetes operator (Canary, A/B testing and Blue/Green deployments automation)
- Ignite - A Virtual Machine manager with a container UX and built-in GitOps
- Faros - CRD based GitOps controller
- Gitkube - Build and deploy docker images to Kubernetes using git push
- Jenkins X - a CI/CD platform for Kubernetes that provides pipeline automation, built-in GitOps and preview environments
- Weave Cloud - GitOps experience, workflows and dashboard for your cluster(s) (commercial product from Weaveworks)
- Werf - GitOps tool with advanced features to build images and deploy them to Kubernetes (integrates with any existing CI system)
- Sealed Secrets - One-way encrypted Secrets
- SOPS - Secrets OPerationS
- Vault Secrets Operator - Sync secrets from Vault with Kubernetes
- Managing Helm releases the GitOps way - Flux and Helm Operator tutorial
- Automating Istio canary deployments with GitOps - Progressive Delivery tutorial with Flagger, Flux, Helm Operator and Istio
- Managing a multi-tenant cluster with GitOps - Flux and Kustomize tutorial
- GitOps-style continuous delivery with Cloud Build - Google Cloud Build tutorial