Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
Weave Flux at Hacktoberfest 2018
The Flux community is happy and proud to participate in Hacktoberfest 2018. We believe in Open Source and that contributing should be fun, give you the opportunity to learn something new and that it's generally a good way to get to know other fellow contributors.
What is Flux
Flux is open source and is used in a variety of different scenarios. Your contribution is going to benefit a lot of people and will make deployments and managing ops a lot easier.
We have written up a short document which explains how to get started working on Flux. It also has instructions on how to build
flux, how to run tests and how to get changes merged.
It also explains how to get in touch with the rest of the Flux developers. There you can ask all the questions you might have and we're happy to give a hand if you get stuck.
Our issue list
If you feel like contributing to Flux, that's great! Here's a few things we suggest you do to get started:
- Familiarise you with what Flux does.
Play around with it first, in a
minikubeinstance or a test cluster you have. If you use Helm: check out our get started doc for Helm.
- Review the list of Hacktoberfest issues (feel free to pick any others too) and see if there's anything you'd be interested in fixing.
- Read the issue carefully and see if it makes sense to you.
- Joins us on Slack, let us know what you'd like to work on and ask if you have questions. We're happy to help you get started.
- When everything's clear, mention on the issue that you're starting to work on a fix.
- Check the contributors doc to get you set up for proposing the fix.
We are grateful for all feedback, like commenting on an issue, or creating a new one if you encounter a bug for example ... even if it doesn't count towards your 5 Hacktoberfest patches. :-)
We are looking forward to getting to know you and welcome a new face to our community!