Weave Kubernetes System Control -
Please note that the code has recently updated from ClusterAPI v1alpha1 to v1alpha3 and as a result Everything Has Changed While this note is in the README you may find inconsistencies in the code, and between the code, examples and documentation. Sorry about that. Feel free to still open issues and/or ask questions as below.
wksctl allows simple creation of a Kubernetes cluster given a set of IP addresses and an SSH key. It can be run in a standalone environment but is best used via a GitOps approach in which cluster and machine descriptions are stored in Git and the state of the cluster tracks changes to the descriptions.
Its features include:
- simple creation of Kubernetes clusters
- manage cluster and machine descriptions using Git
- manage addons like Weave Net or Flux
- Sealed Secret integration
Install wksctl binary
- Download the OS specific
wksctlrelease package from the release page
- Unpack and add the
wksctlbinary to your path
cd <download dir> tar xfz wksctl-0.7.0-linux-x86_64.tar.gz chmod +x wksctl sudo mv wksctl /usr/local/bin/
Check out our Get Started doc to dive deeper into the different ways to operate
- Firekube - use our WKS + Footloose + Ignite demo and be up and running in no time
- WKS and Footloose
- WKS and Vagrant
- WKS on GCE
Other interesting resources include:
If you have any questions about, feedback for or problems with
- Invite yourself to the Weave Users Slack.
- Ask a question on the #wksctl slack channel.
- File an issue.
Your feedback is always welcome!