Preware 2 is the LuneOS on-device homebrew installer.
The webos-ports feed is enabled by default, and other feeds
can be enabled or added by selecting
Manage Feeds from
the app menu. Downloaded packages can be installed by
Install Package from the app menu.
At present, this only runs under LuneOS (no mocking is set up to develop in the browser).
To rebuild and install on a LuneOS device attached via USB, run this command in the app directory:
Then, in Chrome, surf to
localhost:1122 to debug.
To-do [out of date]
First step is to convert needed stuff from preware/app/model to enyo. The status is as follows:
- prefs cookie should be working (tested in browser)
- basic IPKGService communictation (version, device id, tested on TouchPad)
Implemented (but untested):
- more complex IPKGService communication
- db8storage (used for just type)
- packageModel.js (renamed from package.js)
- filePicker.js (does some Mojo stuff to display stuff.. need to replace that)
not implemented at all:
- if a Repeater has no items, display a message in the blank space