Webapplate is inactive, please consider neutrino instead
The template to create a maintainable web app. For your server, client, Android/iOS/FxOS or desktop projects.
current version: v3.3.0
- Project page http://webapplate.github.io/
- Follow Setup Instruction to setup the webpplate project.
- More Guides
Get the template
You can use git command to clone Webapplate:
$ git clone https://github.com/webapplate/webapplate.git
Or click 'ZIP' button on github to download the template.
Here are some examples that start the development by webapplate:
- WebbyMouse Touchpad & Air mouse with full web technology (Desktop + Web App)
- Lookfor (Web App)
- BMI (Web App)
- Tomodoro (Web App)
- BeautyClock (Web App)
- Author's homepage (Web page)
What is webapplate?
Webapplate is the Mobile First, full stack web app template/boilerplate that curated several libraries to help you quickly start a maintainable mobile web app development process. Webapplate enable you to optimized and export your web app to hosting server, Firefox/Chrome webapp store, or even Android, iOS, and more platforms.
When you first time running, webapplate provide you a material-designed web app frame.
All applications follow the same set of guidelines as far as how code is formatted, build, and structured. A typical app looks like this:
- public/ - The application runtime code.
- public/manifest.webapp - The application manifest.
- public/style/ - Stylesheets for the app. This code is converted during the build step using cssnext, to support css variable and more emerging CSS specs.
- public/* - Dotfiles and metadata for packagers such as bower, npm, etc.
- Bower - For library and app dependency management.
- npm - For build-time dependency management.
- gulp - For building, packaging, and workflow.
- Babel - So we can leverage es6 modules and classes today.
- CssNext - So we can leverage new CSS specs today.
Why need webapplate?
Though there are many powerful tools surround web technologies, web does not provide the
SDK or ready to use
template that just like Android or iOS. Web apps are simple to write but hard to get done right. Developer who wants to quickly build an web app usually consume much longer time to make their web app right.
Thus developer who is approaching to the
web app(make web site behaves like mobile app) concept need a bootstrap or template project to start with. That's why webapplate comes.
What kind of web app webapplate supports?
- static hosting web app
- dynamic web app with node.js/express backend
- packaged web app for Firefox Marketplace or Chrome Store
- cordova/phonegap for multiple platform native app
To build the deployable web app, run command:
$ npm run static|dynamic|pack|cordova|github
Choose one of the above npm command based on your needs.
How does webapplate do
Webapplate provide a ready-to-deploy project bootstrap settings for both
hosted (dynamic/static website) and
packaged (no server) web app, with convention of file structure, express server-side support, and preconfigured helper tools like code style check, appcache generator, multi-locales and testframework.
Website inherit from Webapplate can be deployed to any host provider.
All magics are well integrated and configurable.
Code Quality & Analysis
Client side libraries
l20n client side internationalization
Bootstrap mobile first front-end framework
- Bootstrap Material Design material design theme for Bootstrap
Developers and designers from node.js, bower, express, gulp, Firefox OS, and people who involved in improving Web technologies.