WebChatty is a fast-paced web-based forum with a threaded discussion structure. The Node.js-based WebChatty server hosts the chatty web service and the Single Page Application (SPA) frontend. The web service implements versions 1 and 2 of the existing WinChatty API and adds additional WebChatty-specific functionality.
- Small page load sizes. The service-based SPA architecture minimizes the amount of redundant HTML transferred to the user.
- Push technology. New replies and threads are sent to the browser as soon as they happen. New replies appear in the browser automatically. No need to manually refresh the page.
- Reflow button instantly re-sorts the threads to place active posts on top.
- Multimedia content embedded in posts. Raw images, imgur (including gifv and albums), gfycat, youtube, and vimeo content are shown inline.
- Custom tabs. Save a post, author, filter, etc. for later quick filtering.
- Cloud synchronization for collapsed threads. Collapsed threads carry over between browser sessions and between WebChatty desktop and mobile clients.
Native Client Support
- iOS: Latest Chatty
- Android: Shack Browse
- Windows (Universal): Latest Chatty 8
- Windows (Desktop): Lamp