The webcomponents.org site.
It consists of multiple Appengine services and requires gcloud for most development.
At a high-level, the services are
- Manage, a Python service dealing with ingestion and management of ingested data from Bower, Github and Analysis.
- Api, a Python service providing a REST api used by Client to access data from Manage.
- Client, a Polymer web app that provides the user interface and consumes data from Api.
- Analysis, a node.js service that performs slower analysis on ingested elements, using Bower and Hydrolysis.
The following dependencies are required to develop, test and/or deploy www.webcomponents.org
- gcloud SDK (https://cloud.google.com/sdk/downloads#versioned) - needed for ALL services
- node.js (and npm) (https://nodejs.org/en/download/) - needed for ALL services
- pip (Linux: https://packaging.python.org/install_requirements_linux/, Mac: "sudo easy_install pip" or https://pip.pypa.io/en/stable/installing/) - needed for Manage and Api
- bower ("npm install -g bower") - needed for Client
- grunt ("npm install -g grunt") - needed for running lint
Alternatively, you can use yarn for faster builds:
Client & analysis
For instructions, view their sub-directories
python tests.py $APPENGINE_SDK
To increase Github API quota, acqure a Github token and store it:
cat > secrets.yaml github_token: 'your-github-token'
If you would like to use reCAPTCHA, obtain a token and store it:
cat > secrets.yaml recaptcha: 'your-token'
Deploy to staging.
grunt lint #lints both client and python appcfg.py update_dispatch dispatch.yaml appcfg.py update manage.yaml appcfg.py update api.yaml
Deploy client & analysis per their documentation.