Please sign in to comment.
Fix: Stability issues with VS Code extension
The VS Code extension could end up breaking `node_modules` in the workspace or the global shared folder. This was caused because we were installing `hint@latest` in the workspace and because that process took too long and the user might closed the editor before it was ended. To avoid that we now let the user manage their own `hint` installation in the workspace, no more prompting about installation. If no version can be loaded from the workspace, the shared one (`hint@latest`) will be used. Also, the shared version is updated after 2 minutes instead of immediately and only if the shared version has been successfully loaded. If the user already has a workspace version there is no point in updating the shared one as it will not be used.
- Loading branch information
Showing with 62 additions and 148 deletions.
- +1 −0 packages/extension-vscode/src/utils/analytics.ts
- +13 −27 packages/extension-vscode/src/utils/analyze.ts
- +0 −19 packages/extension-vscode/src/utils/prompts.ts
- +44 −15 packages/extension-vscode/src/utils/webhint-packages.ts
- +2 −2 packages/extension-vscode/tests/utils/problems.ts
- +1 −71 packages/extension-vscode/tests/utils/prompts.ts
- +1 −14 packages/extension-vscode/tests/utils/webhint-packages.ts