import()as Code Splitting construct. It should be used instead of
System.importwill be deprecated in webpack 2 release (removed in webpack 3) as it's behavior is incorrect according to the spec.
*.jsonfiles are now supported without the
json-loader. You may still use it. It's not a breaking change.
- webpack will now show performance warnings when bundle size is too big. You can disable them with
performance.hints = false. It recommended to disable them in development but leave them enabled in production.
- Generate equal code on each platform when using node.js modules,
- CLI: Fixes
externalsnow allows boolean values
- Loaders: Complex options are now correctly passed when using remainingRequest like with the
- Fixes a event leak when using watch mode
excludenow only tests resource and not complete identifier
- Fixes bug related to
export * from ...
- CLI: Fix behavior of
- It's now possible to combine webpack ES2015 modules with babel ES2015 modules
output.strictModuleExceptionHandlingoption which handles exceptions in modules correctly, but with less performance. The more performant variant is enabled by default.
- Template strings are now allowed at locations where expressions are allowed.
- Allow to match rules on resourceQuery
__webpack_nonce__to set nonce for chunk loading script tags
- Improve tree shaking for
- Cache some expensive stuff