Computer security module examples
Downloading this repo
cloning out this repo locally
If you have not cloned this repository before do this:
git clone firstname.lastname@example.org:webpigeon/ce708.git
updating to the latest version
If you have cloned the repository before, do this to update it with any changes I have made.
# do this if you have made changes git add . git commit -m "my changes" # this will get any updates from this repo git pull
Automated Auditing tools
Here are some examples of automated tools which can be used for auditing.
For system configuration
For source code
files in this repo
- linux_perimissions.md - (Example file in
/home/aliceinside the VM) - explains some basics about linux file permissions
- linux_commands.md - provides some basic Linux commands
An ova image is a virtual machine image that is designed to run inside a hypervisor (like virtualbox). In order to use it on your home machine, you can download the OVA file from here.
If you are in the lab, you should NOT download this file directly, instead use the setup-ova.sh script which will download it into temporary storage (/tmp/).
This will let you use linux commands in bash, change permissions and see the effects.
For those of you intrested in the machine setup:
- The virtual machine is a Debian Jessie image, initially setup with 1GB of ram.
- It has no desktop envrioment installed (is command line only).
- It has an ssh server running
- It has been configured with two network interfaces (eth0 and eth1)
The user accounts are: