Cookbook style documentation for web.py 0.3. Note that some of these features aren't available in previous versions. Currently version 0.3 is the development branch.
In terms of formatting, please try to use a cookbook-like format...that is:
Problem: You want to access data from database.
Solution: Use this code...
Note that the urls don't need "web" in them -- just "/cookbook/select" , not "/cookbook/web.select".
Finally, this documentation is for version 0.3, so please only add code that you know works with the new version.
- Application processors, loadhooks and unloadhooks
- How to use web.background
- Custom NotFound message
- How to Stream Large Files
Sessions and user state:
- Templetor: The web.py templating system
- Using Site Layout Templates
- Alternating Style
- i18n support in template file
- Use Mako template engine in webpy
- Use Cheetah template engine in webpy
- How to use templates on Google App Engine
- File Upload
- How to put a limit of size of uploaded files
- Accessing user input through web.input
- How to use forms
- Multiple databases
- Select: Retrieving entries from a database
- Update: Updating entries in a database
- Delete: Remove entries in a database
- Insert: Adding entries to a database
- Query: Advanced database queries
- How to use database transactions
- Using sqlalchemy
- Integrating SQLite UDF (user-defined-functions) with webpy database layer
- Fastcgi deployment through lighttpd
- Fastcgi deployment through Apache
- CGI deployment through Apache
- mod_python deployment through Apache (requested)
- mod_wsgi deployment through Apache
- mod_wsgi deployment through Nginx
- nginx deployment (requested)
- Subdomains and how to access the username (requested)