Cookbook style documentation for web.py 0.3. Note that some of these features aren't available in previous versions. Currently version 0.3 is the development branch.
In terms of formatting, please try to use a cookbook-like format...that is:
Problem: You want to access data from database.
Solution: Use this code...
Note that the urls don't need "web" in them -- just "/cookbook/select" , not "/cookbook/web.select".
Finally, this documentation is for version 0.3, so please only add code that you know works with the new version.
- Application processors, loadhooks and unloadhooks
- How to use web.background
- Custom NotFound message ##Sessions and user state:
- Working with Session
- Working with Cookies
- User authentication (requested)
- Using Site Layout Templates
- Alternating Style
- Use Mako template engine in webpy
- Use Cheetah template engine in webpy
- Mutliple databases
- Select: Retrieving entries from a database
- Update: Updating entries in a database
- Delete: Remove entries in a database
- Insert: Adding entries to a database
- Query: Advanced database queries
- How to use database transactions
- Fastcgi deployment through lighttpd
- Fastcgi deployment through Apache
- CGI deployment through Apache
- mod_python deployment through Apache (requested)
- mod_wsgi deployment through Apache
- mod_wsgi deployment through Nginx
- nginx deployment (requested)
- Subdomains and how to access the username (requested)