The canonical installation of tumble is found at http://tumble.wcyd.org.
Tumble was a "Wouldn't it be cool?" project handed to Scott Schnedier back in 2004. The idea was to create a website similar to a tumbleblog. Obviously, eventually tumblr ccame along and the rest was history.
The easiet way to deploy is type is to clone and type
make rpm on an EL6 system. Things should justwork after that.
If you are not on EL, things should still work. Just
make install or package it yourself.
- Get a flickr account.
- Set flickr account in scripts/flickr (since this is not abstracted yet)
- Change the passwords/usernames in sql_setup
- Change the passwords/usernames in the config.yaml
- Change url, server configuration etc in /etc/httpd/conf.d/tumble.conf
- Disable selinux or set proper context
- Start up httpd
- Setup database
yum install mysql-server service mysqld start chkconfig mysqld on mysql < sql_setup mysql -u tumble tumble < migrations chkconfig httpd on service httpd start
* fix user-agent being hardy for link verification * Should warn if unable to talk to databse or database is empty * abstract quantity of items to be in 'hot shit' category * Fix odd encoding bugs for web site titles * Probably lots of others, but it has been in production for 10 years.