Before spending lots of time on something, ask for feedback on your idea first!
Please search issues and pull requests before adding something new to avoid duplicating efforts and conversations.
This project welcomes non-code contributions, too! The following types of contributions are welcome:
- Ideas: participate in an issue thread or start your own to have your voice heard.
- Writing: contribute your expertise in an area by helping expand the included docs.
- Copy editing: fix typos, clarify language, and improve the quality of the docs.
- Formatting: help keep docs easy to read with consistent formatting.
This repository uses
standard to maintain code style and consistency,
and to avoid style arguments.
npm test runs
standard automatically, so you don't have
Individuals making significant and valuable contributions are given commit-access to the project to contribute as they see fit. This project is more like an open wiki than a standard guarded open source project.
There are a few basic ground-rules for contributors:
--forcepushes or modifying the Git history in any way.
- Non-master branches should be used for ongoing work.
- Significant modifications like API changes should be subject to a pull request to solicit feedback from other contributors.
- Pull requests are encouraged for all contributions to solicit feedback, but left to the discretion of the contributor.
Declaring formal releases remains the prerogative of the project maintainer.
Changes to this arrangement
This is an experiment and feedback is welcome! This document may also be subject to pull- requests or changes by contributors where you believe you have something valuable to add or change.
Developer's Certificate of Origin 1.1
By making a contribution to this project, I certify that:
(a) The contribution was created in whole or in part by me and I have the right to submit it under the open source license indicated in the file; or
(b) The contribution is based upon previous work that, to the best of my knowledge, is covered under an appropriate open source license and I have the right under that license to submit that work with modifications, whether created in whole or in part by me, under the same open source license (unless I am permitted to submit under a different license), as indicated in the file; or
(c) The contribution was provided directly to me by some other person who certified (a), (b) or (c) and I have not modified it.
(d) I understand and agree that this project and the contribution are public and that a record of the contribution (including all personal information I submit with it, including my sign-off) is maintained indefinitely and may be redistributed consistent with this project or the open source license(s) involved.