Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 31 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
Migrating from old Wekan manually
Migrations from every possible old Wekan version are not implemented yet.
Here are some starting points.
1) Required: Backups
Do backups to multiple places. And test does restore work, with restore script already made.
2) You can save all data from MongoDB to .json files and compare them
That way you can also edit files to fix something, and also save back to MongoDB:
3) Change text in all files in current directory in-place
Take backup before runnning this.
Using sed on Linux or Mac.
sed -i 's|FindThisText|ReplaceWithThisText|g' *
4) Example: From v0.77 to newest
- Schema https://github.com/wekan/wekan/tree/v0.77/models
- Migrations https://github.com/wekan/wekan/blob/v0.77/server/migrations.js
- Schema https://github.com/wekan/wekan/tree/devel/models
- Migrations https://github.com/wekan/wekan/blob/devel/server/migrations.js
5) Some migrations could be missing
Some of the database schema can be different. If you see difference in these files, you could fix it for everybody by adding new code to migrations, so old schema is converted to new one automatically when Wekan starts.