Join GitHub today
Downloading and installing Wekan on various platforms.
- Wekan new release ChangeLog
- Adding Users
- Forgot Password
- Backup and Restore <=== VERY CRITICAL. DO AUTOMATICALLY OFTEN !!
- Logs and Stats
- Wekan bug reports and feature requests
Production: Sandstorm platform, many apps and Wekan.
- Sandstorm info at Wekan wiki on Debian 64bit, Ubuntu 64bit
Use SaaS or install to your own server. Automatic updates, tested before release. Sandstorm Wekan has different features than Standalone.
Please support Sandstorm by subscribing to paid plan. Free plans will be discontinued because there is not enough paid subscribers to pay for server costs. xet7 has spent countless hours to keeping Wekan working on Sandstorm platform, and many depend on Sandstorm daily. Wekan Team website and blog run on Sandstorm Oasis, using account paid by xet7. xet7 plans to add more fixes to features to Sandstorm platform. You can also support Wekan on Sandstorm by using Commercial Support by xet7.
- Google/GitHub/LDAP/SAML/Passwordless email login.
- Free SSL at https://yourservername.sandcats.io domain.
- Rescuing MongoDB data from Sandstorm Grain .zip file to Standalone Wekan
Does not work
Standalone Wekan: Docker, Snap, etc others non-Sandstorm
Works on Snap and Docker
- Import from Trello with bug workaround, and Import/Export Wekan.
- Copying/Moving card to another board.
- Password auth
- REST API
- Outgoing Webhooks
- Backup and Restore
Does not work fully yet, being tested at bleeding edge
Usually for production you just install Ubuntu 18.04 or Debian 9 VM (or without VM) and install Snap. Minimum 2 GB RAM required, preferably 4 GB or more. Requires KVM/XEN/HyperV VM or Bare Metal, where Linux kernel 3.x or 4.x or newer works, and also Snap works without problems. Requires working websockets.
Production: Docker. No automatic upgrades, use if you have time to test new release first, and it's critical nothing gets broken.
Only Standalone Wekan. If security is critical, keep behind firewall, without any ports open to Internet.
- Use quay.io image release tags like "1.x" stable.
- Wekan uses Meteor 1.6.x. You can test Meteor 1.8.x based Docker tags and report are there speed improvements to that issue.
- DO NOT USE
- Release tags "1.x.x" edge. They are bleeding edge.
- Docker Hub images, they are often broken.
Production: Snap for Linux, install to your own server or laptop. Automatic Updates. Only Standalone Wekan.
If on Snap Stable automatic update breaks something, report Wekan for Snap bugs and feature requests here, so it can be fixed on some automatic update. If security is critical, keep behind firewall, without any ports open to Internet.
Install Snap on Linux 64bit.
- Debian, Ubuntu and Linux Mint based distros
- Elementary OS
- CentOS 7
- Cloud: Some additional info
SaaS: Wekan ready paid services, just start using.
- Sandstorm - Sandstorm Wekan
- Cloudron - Standalone Wekan
- Indiehosters - Standalone Wekan
- Scalingo - Standalone Wekan
- Virtual appliance
- Source for development usage only. Source, Snap, Docker, Sandstorm, Meteor bundle and Windows build instructions.
- Meteor Bundle