Useful resources for SilverStripe Framework and CMS
Contributions welcome, please send a pull request.
Table of Contents generated with DocToc
- Official Website
- Very Useful Modules
- VisualStudio SilverStripe Template Syntax HighligherPlugin
- Jetbrains / PHPStorm SilverStripe Template Syntax Plugin
Very Useful Modules
Multiuser editing alert Alerts users in the SilverStripe CMS when multiple people are editing the same page
- Fulltext Search Full fledged search interface for search backends like SOLR or elastic search.
- Fulltext Search Local SOLR easy to install SOLR instance for local development
- SilverStripe Searchable Adds more complex site searching using the SilverStripe ORM. With dedicated templates for search results across multiple search objects.
- Searchable DataObjects Fast and simple MySQL based search. Useful for single language sites
- Debugbar Shows debugging statistics in your browser
- IdeAnnotator Auto-generates class annotations on dev/build
- Populate Populate your database through YAML files
- Mock DataObjects Allows DataObjects to self-populate intelligently with fake data
Switching Users as Admin
- UserSwitcher adds a small form both in the frontend and backend to quickly login as any user
- Masquerade allows an Administrator to "login" as another "Member". This can be useful for debugging and remote support.
SilverStripe 4 Recipes
Fancy Form Fields
- Markdown Field can replace your HTMLEditorFields (using TinyMCE) so you can utilise Markdown syntax
- Code Editor Field gives you a syntax-highlighted text area field - great for CMS-based YAML or HTML
There is no official box like Laravel has it's homestead box. However, there are a few good boxes out there for Vagrant you could use:
- Twisted Bytes
- Laravel Homestead
- Zauberfisch Vagrant Boxes Preconfigured Vagrant boxes for SS3 and SS4