Hey Everyone - Wes here. I'll be your instructor for the react workshop. I need you to do a few things before you come to the workshop.
- Make sure you have the latest version of Node.js installed. If you don't have it, or are an older version, you can visit Nodejs.org and download the installer.
- Download the starter files + notes:
- Download the zip here: https://github.com/wesbos/React-Beer-Me/archive/master.zip
- Have a terminal application ready. The built in Mac OS terminal works just great though I find Windows users prefer to use CMDER - http://cmder.net/
npm installall dependencies before you come. cd into your
starter-filesdirectory and type
npm install. If you aren't comfortable in the terminal, you may wait until the morning of the workshop to get a hand with this.
- Make sure your text editor is setup to handle React. You may use any editor but here are some good ones:
- Install the React Dev Tools browser extension for either Chrome or Firefox - they are both available in their respective stores.
If there are any questions, feel free to email me! email@example.com