CSS Grid Video Course
Hey! These are the starter files and finished solutions. Grab the full course over at CSSGrid.io.
Q: I'm getting "This is meant to be run from within npm script."
Not sure why this is happening, but try these commands instead:
npm run start:win32
mac and linux:
Very few people get this, but please contact me if you find out why
npm start command isn't running.
Q: I'm getting Browsersync Couldn't open browser (if you are using BrowserSync in a headless environment, you might want to set the open option to false)
This is because some versions of Firefox are "FirefoxDeveloperEdition" and some new downloads are "Firefox Developer Edition". If you had downloaded the browser before the course, just remove the spaces from the package.json command so it says "FirefoxDeveloperEdition"
Q: I can't see the lines / numbers of Firefox' CSS Grid Inspection Tools
Make sure to turn off both "Use recommended performance settings" & "Use hardware acceleration when available“ within Preferences > Performance
Community CSS Grid Content
Feel free to submit a PR adding a link to your own recaps, guides or reviews!
- Course Review by @bencodezen
- Recap and lessons learned by @mkuehb
- cssgrid.io course review by @krzysztof_zuraw
- My gh-page by @herminiotorres
A note on Pull Requests
These are meant to be 1:1 copies of what is done in the video. If you found a better / different way to do things, great, but I will be keeping them the same as the videos.
The starter files + solutions will be updated if/when the videos are updated.
Live editable examples
I recommend you use the files in the repo, but if you prefer to use JSFiddle instead, here are all the starter files ready to go:
- Starter Files and Tooling Setup
- CSS Grid Fundamentals
- CSS Grid Dev Tools
- CSS Grid Implicit vs Explicit Tracks
- CSS grid-auto-flow Explained
- Sizing tracks in CSS Grid
- CSS Grid repeat function
- Sizing Grid Items
- Placing Grid Items
- Spanning and Placing Cardio
- auto-fit and auto-fill
- Using minmax() for Responsive Grids
- Grid Template Areas:
- Naming Lines in CSS Grid
- grid-auto-flow dense Block Fitting
- CSS Grid Alignment + Centering
- Re-ordering Grid Items
- Nesting Grid with Album Layouts
- CSS Grid Image Gallery
- Flexbox vs CSS Grid:
- Recreating Codepen
- Bootstrappy Grid with CSS Variables
- Responsive Website
- Full Bleed Blog Layout