git clone http://github.com/gmarik/vundle.git ~/.vim/vundle.git
Put into your
set rtp+=~/.vim/vundle.git/ call vundle#rc() " Bundles: Bundle "L9" Bundle "FuzzyFinder" Bundle "rails.vim" Bundle "ack.vim" Bundle "git://git.wincent.com/command-t.git" " ... " NOTE: if some plugins fail to work, put the config *between* lines: " filetype off " "Bundles here " filetype plugin indent on
Install configured bundles:
Windows users see Vundle for Windows
Vundle allows to:
- keep track and configure your scripts right in
- install configured scripts (aka bundle)
- update configured scripts
- search by name
- clean unused scripts up
- run above actions in a single keypress with interactive mode
- manages runtime path of your installed scripts
- regenerates helptag atomatically
:h vundle vimdoc for more details.
See gmarik's vimrc for working example.
Inspiration and ideas from
- Vundle was developed and tested with Vim 7.3 on
- Vundle tries to be as KISS as possible
Vundle is a work in progress so any ideas/patches appreciated
- √ activate newly added bundles on .vimrc reload or after :BundleInstall
- √ use preview window for search results
- √ vim documentation
- improve error handling
- :VundleUpdate - self.update
- handle dependencies
- allow specify revision/version?
- search by description aswell
- show descrption in search results
- instead sourcing .vimrc before installation come up with another solution
- make it rock!