config.ssh.portcan be specified and takes highest precedence if specified. Otherwise, Vagrant will still attempt to auto-detect the port. [GH-363]
0.7.4 (May 12, 2011)
- Chef environments support (for Chef 0.10) [GH-358]
- Suppress the "added to known hosts" message for SSH [GH-354]
- Ruby 1.8.6 support [GH-352]
- Chef proxy settings now work for chef server [GH-335]
0.7.3 (April 19, 2011)
- Retry all SSH on Net::SSH::Disconnect in case SSH is just restarting. [GH-313]
- Add NFS shared folder support for Arch linux. [GH-346]
- Fix issue with unknown terminal type output for sudo commands.
- Forwarded port protocol can now be set as UDP. [GH-311]
- Chef server file cache path and file backup path can be configured. [GH-310]
- Setting hostname should work on Debian now. [GH-307]
0.7.2 (February 8, 2011)
- Update JSON dependency to 1.5.1, which works with Ruby 1.9 on Windows.
- Fix sudo issues on sudo < 1.7.0 (again).
- Fix race condition in SSH, which specifically manifested itself in the chef server provisioner. [GH-295]
- Change sudo shell to use
- Can now set mac address of host only network. [GH-294]
- NFS shared folders with spaces now work properly. [GH-293]
- Failed SSH commands now show output in error message. [GH-285]
0.7.1 (January 28, 2011)
- Change error output with references to VirtualBox 3.2 to 4.0.
- Internal SSH through net-ssh now uses
IdentitiesOnlythanks to upstream net-ssh fix.
- Fix issue causing warnings to show with
forwardx11enabled for SSH. [GH-279]
- FreeBSD support for host only networks, NFS, halting, etc. [GH-275]
- Make SSH commands which use sudo compatible with sudo < 1.7.0. [GH-278]
- Fix broken puppet server provisioner which called a nonexistent method.
- Default SSH host changed from
localhostis not always loopback.
shellprovisioner which simply uploads and executes a script as root on the VM.
- Gentoo host only networking no longer fails if alrady setup. [GH-286]
- Set the host name of your guest OS with
vagrant ssh-confignow outputs the configured
0.7.0 (January 19, 2011)
- VirtualBox 4.0 support. Support for VirtualBox 3.2 is dropped, since the API is so different. Stay with the 0.6.x series if you have VirtualBox 3.2.x.
- Puppet server provisioner. [GH-262]
- Use numeric uid/gid in mounting shared folders to increase portability. [GH-252]
- HTTP downloading follows redirects. [GH-163]
- Downloaders have clearer output to note what they're doing.
- Shared folders with no guest path are not automounted. [GH-184]
- Boxes downloaded during
vagrant upreload the Vagrantfile config, which fixes a problem with box settings not being properly loaded. [GH-231]
config.ssh.forward_x11to enable the ForwardX11 SSH option. [GH-255]
- Vagrant source now has a
contribdirectory where contributions of miscellaneous addons for Vagrant will be added.
- Vagrantfiles are now loaded only once (instead of 4+ times) [GH-238]
- Ability to move home vagrant dir (~/.vagrant) by setting VAGRANT_HOME environmental variable.
- Removed check and error for the "OSE" version of VirtualBox, since with VirtualBox 4 this distinction no longer exists.
- Ability to specify proxy settings for chef. [GH-169]
- Helpful error message shown if NFS mounting fails. [GH-135]
- Gentoo guests now support host only networks. [GH-240]
- RedHat (CentOS included) guests now support host only networks. [GH-260]
- New Vagrantfile syntax for enabling and configuring provisioners. This change is not backwards compatible. [GH-265]
- Provisioners are now RVM-friendly, meaning if you installed chef or puppet with an RVM managed Ruby, Vagrant now finds then. [GH-254]
- Changed the unused host only network destroy mechanism to check for uselessness after the VM is destroyed. This should result in more accurate checks.
- Networks are no longer disabled upon halt/destroy. With the above change, its unnecessary.
- Puppet supports
module_pathconfiguration to mount local modules directory as a shared folder and configure puppet with it. [GH-270]
127.0.0.1as the host instead of
0.6.9 (December 21, 2010)
- Puppet provisioner. [GH-223]
- Solaris system configurable to use
- Solaris system registered, so it can be set with
vagrant packageinclude can be a directory name, which will cause the contents to be recursively copied into the package. [GH-241]
- Arbitrary options to puppet binary can be set with
- BSD hosts use proper GNU sed syntax for clearing NFS shares. [GH-243]
- Enumerate VMs in a multi-VM environment in order they were defined. [GH-244]
- Check for VM boot changed to use
timeoutlibrary, which works better with Windows.
- Show special error if VirtualBox not detected on 64-bit Windows.
- Show error to Windows users attempting to use host only networking since it doesn't work yet.
0.6.8 (November 30, 2010)
- Network interfaces are now up/down in distinct commands instead of just restarting "networking." [GH-192]
- Add missing translation for chef binary missing. [GH-203]
- Fix default settings for Opscode platform and comments. [GH-213]
- Blank client name for chef server now uses FQDN by default, instead of "client" [GH-214]
- Run list can now be nil, which will cause it to sync with chef server (when chef server is enabled). [GH-214]
- Multiple NFS folders now work on linux. [GH-215]
- Add translation for state "stuck" which is very rare. [GH-218]
- virtualbox gem dependency minimum raised to 0.7.6 to verify FFI < 1.0.0 is used.
- Fix issue where box downloading from
vagrant updidn't reload the box collection. [GH-229]
0.6.7 (November 3, 2010)
- Added validation to verify that a box is specified.
- Proper error message when box is not found for
- Fix output of
vagrant statuswith multi-vm to be correct. [GH-196]
0.6.6 (October 14, 2010)
vagrant status NAMEworks once again. [GH-191]
- Conditional validation of Vagrantfile so that some commands don't validate. [GH-188]
- Fix "junk" output for ssh-config. [GH-189]
- Fix port collision handling with greater than two VMs. [GH-185]
- Fix potential infinite loop with root path if bad CWD is given to environment.
0.6.5 (October 8, 2010)
- Validations on base MAC address to avoid situation described in GH-166, GH-181 from ever happening again.
- Properly load sub-VM configuration on first-pass of config loading. Solves a LOT of problems with multi-VM. [GH-166] [GH-181]
- Configuration now only validates on final Vagrantfile proc, so multi-VM validates correctly.
- A nice error message is given if ".vagrant" is a directory and therefore can't be accessed. [GH-172]
- Fix plugin loading in a Rails 2.3.x project. [GH-176]
0.6.4 (October 4, 2010)
- Default VM name is now properly the parent folder of the working directory of the environment.
- Added method to
TestHelpersto assist with testing new downloaders.
up --no-provisionworks again. This disables provisioning during the boot process.
- Action warden doesn't do recovery process on
SystemExitexceptions, allowing the double ctrl-C to work properly again. [related to GH-166]
- Initial Vagrantfile is now heavily commented with various available options. [GH-171]
- Box add checks if a box already exists before the download. [GH-170]
- NFS no longer attempts to clean exports file if VM is not created, which was causing a stack trace during recovery. [related to GH-166]
- Basic validation added for Chef configuration (both solo and server).
- Top config class is now available in all
Vagrant::Config::Basesubclasses, which is useful for config validation.
- Subcommand help shows proper full command in task listing. [GH-168]
- SSH gives error message if
sshbinary is not found. [GH-161]
- SSH gives proper error message if VM is not running. [GH-167]
- Fix some issues with undefined constants in command errors.
0.6.1, 0.6.2, 0.6.3 (September 27, 2010)
A lot of quick releases which all were to fix issues with Ruby 1.8.7 compatibility.
0.6.0 (September 27, 2010)
- VM name now defaults to the name of the containing folder, plus a timestamp. This should make it easier to identify VMs in the VirtualBox GUI.
- Exposed Vagrant test helpers in
Vagrant::TestHelpersfor plugins to easily test themselves against Vagrant environments.
- Plugins have landed. Plugins are simply gems which have a
vagrant_init.rbfile somewhere in their load path. Please read the documentation on vagrantup.com before attempting to create a plugin (which is very easy) for more information on how it all works and also some guidelines.
vagrant packagenow takes a
--vagrantfileoption to specify a Vagrantfile to package. The
--includeapproach for including a Vagrantfile no longer works (previously built boxes will continue to work).
vagrant packagehas new logic with regards to the
--includeoption depending on if the file path is relative or absolute (they can be intermixed):
- Relative paths are copied directly into the box, preserving
their path. So
--include lib/foowould be in the box as "lib/foo"
- Absolute paths are simply copied files into the root of the
--include /lib/foowould be in the box as "foo"
- Relative paths are copied directly into the box, preserving their path. So
- "vagrant_main" is no longer the default run list. Instead, chef run list starts empty. It is up to you to specify all recipes in the Vagrantfile now.
- Fixed various issues with certain action middleware not working if the VM was not created.
- SSH connection is retried 5 times if there is a connection refused. Related to GH-140.
http_proxyenvironmental variable is set, it will be used as the proxy box adding via http.
config.ssh.password. It hasn't been used for a few versions now and was only kept around to avoid exceptions in Vagrantfiles.
- Configuration is now validated so improper input can be found in Vagrantfiles.
- Fixed issue with not detecting Vagrantfile at root directory ("/").
- Vagrant now gives a nice error message if there is a syntax error in any Vagrantfile. [GH-154]
- The format of the ".vagrant" file which stores persisted VMs has changed. This is backwards incompatible. Will provide an upgrade utility prior to 0.6 launch.
- Every [expected] Vagrant error now exits with a clean error message and a unique exit status, and raises a unique exception (if you're scripting Vagrant).
- Added I18n gem dependency for pulling strings into clean YML files. Vagrant is now localizable as a side effect! Translations welcome.
- Fixed issue with "Waiting for cleanup" message appearing twice in some cases. [GH-145]
- Converted CLI to use Thor. As a tradeoff, there are some backwards
vagrant package- The
--includeflag now separates filenames by spaces, instead of by commas. e.g.
vagrant package --include x y z
vagrant ssh- If you specify a command to execute using the
--executeflag, you may now only specify one command (before you were able to specify an arbitrary amount). e.g.
vagrant ssh -e "echo hello"
vagrant ssh-confighas become
vagrant ssh_configdue to a limitation in Thor.
0.5.4 (September 7, 2010)
- Fix issue with the "exec failed" by running on Tiger as well.
- Give an error when downloading a box which already exists prior to actually downloading the box.
0.5.3 (August 23, 2010)
- Add erubis as a dependency since its rendering of
- Fixed poorly formatted Vagrantfile after
vagrant init. [GH-142]
- Fixed NFS not working properly with multiple NFS folders.
- Fixed chef solo provision to work on Windows. It was expanding a linux path which prepended a drive letter onto it.
0.5.2 (August 3, 2010)
vagrant upcan be used as a way to resume the VM as well (same as
vagrant resume). [GH-134]
- Sudo uses "-E" flag to preserve environment for chef provisioners. This fixes issues with CentOS. [GH-133]
- Added "IdentitiesOnly yes" to options when
vagrant sshis run to avoid "Too Many Authentication Failures" error. [GH-131]
- Fix regression with
packagenot working. [GH-132]
- Added ability to specify box url in
init, which populates the Vagrantfile with the proper
0.5.1 (July 31, 2010)
- Allow specifying cookbook paths which exist only on the VM in
config.chef.cookbooks_path. This is used for specifying cookbook paths when
config.chef.recipe_urlis used. [GH-130] See updated chef solo documentation for more information on this.
- No longer show "Disabling host only networks..." if no host only networks
are destroyed. Quiets
halt, etc output a bit.
- Updated getting started guide to be more up to date and generic. [GH-125]
- Fixed error with doing a
vagrant upwhen no Vagrantfile existed. [GH-128]
- Fixed NFS erroring when NFS wasn't even enabled if
/etc/exportsdoesn't exist. [GH-126]
vagrant resumeto properly resume a suspended VM. [GH-122]
reloadto where they failed if the VM was in a saved state. [GH-123]
config.chef.recipe_urlwhich allows you to specify a URL to a gzipped tar file for chef solo to download cookbooks. See the chef-solo docs for more information. [GH-121]
vagrant box repackagewhich repackages boxes which have been added. This is useful in case you want to redistribute a base box you have but may have lost the actual "box" file. [GH-120]
The changelog began with version 0.5.1 so any changes prior to that can be seen by checking the tagged releases and reading git commit messages.