Materials for the production of a historical gazetteer of the Ottoman empire.
- a vocabulary of Ottoman administrative units
- a linkable database of Ottoman provinces, subprovinces, major cities, and other generally-agreed geospatial objects
- April 27, 2016: posted tsv spreadsheet of 6411 adminsitrative units
- May 2016: many revisions and refinements to the spreadsheet, including a data dictionary
- June 2016: initial rdf dump of <1000 provinces, subprovinces, and some seats, as well as very preliminary outline of an ontology. Jeremy Guillette offered some help extracting coordinates from Wikidata links supplied by Erik Lewis (MA student at FSU).