World Metro is a universal metro/subway/underground Android app, with the ambition to cover major cities with metros. It is currently under development and is expected to have following features:
- Supported cities: Beijing, Munich, Prague, Wuhan.
- Designed for offline usage
- Vector map
- Display both English (if available) and local languages for station/line names
- Time schedule
- Real time feedback of stations
- Easy input to search station/destination (ignoring accents/diacritical marks)
For more information about World Metro, please go to https://github.com/whily/worldmetro
Wiki pages can be found at https://wiki.github.com/whily/worldmetro
The following tools are needed to build World Metro from source:
- JDK version 6/7/8 from http://www.java.com if Java is not available. Note that JDK is preinstalled on Mac OS X and available via package manager on many Linux systems.
- Android SDK r24.4.1.
- Scala (2.11.8)
- sbt (0.13.13)
- Inkscape and ImageMagick to generate icons.
Generate the icons
In project directory, run following command:
Build the code
To compile/run the code, run the following command to build the app and start it in a connected device:
$ sbt android:run
To build a release version and start it in a connected device:
$ sbt android:set-release android:run
- Regression test (for all station pairs in all cities)
- Draw line