Open Source your Circuit Design with KiCAD
- What: Open Source Bridge 2015
- When: Tuesday, June 23, 2015 from 11:00 to 11:45am
- Where: The Eliot Center in Portland, Oregon
I learned to design circuits in Eagle because at the time there were no good, free, open source alternatives but I would argue that's changed. Let's talk about why KiCAD might be the CAD program you're looking for and do a whirlwind tour of the current state of KiCAD tools and community.
- What: Keynote talk
- When: April 2015
- Where: C-Tran Building, Rose Besserman Room, Vancouver, WA
This was a fun keynote talk I gave to Evergreen School District high school freshmen at their robotics tournament event. I talked about what I do at Max-Viz and why it's important to have marketable skills, and then I tried to give a broad cross-section of many different kinds of engineering jobs in Oregon and southwest Washington.
Open Hardware: From Breadboard to PCB
- What: Open Source Bridge 2014
- When: Thursday, June 26, 2014 from 4:45 to 5:30pm
- Where: B302/303 at the Eliot Center in Portland, Oregon
So you've built a breadboard circuit with wires everywhere. What's next? A printed circuit board! I'll talk about your open hardware development options through the lens of my recent project turning a breadboard prototype into a finished Arduino shield for a curing oven at Portland State.