KiCad DIP Template for the C.H.I.P Computer
This is a KiCad template to simplify making DIP daughter boards (wings, shields, hats, etc.)
It comes with all the design rules to meet the 2-layer OSH Park specs and stackup.
- Open KiCad.
- Open Preferences > Configure Paths and note the value of 'KICAD_PTEMPLATES'.
- Download the template zip and extract into the location of 'KICAD_PTEMPLATES'.
- Cut and paste the .lib and .dcm files into your component/symbol library folder.
- Cut and paste the .pretty folder into your your module/footprint library folder.
- In KiCad, open File > New Project > New Project from Template.
- Select the location of your new project. The name of the folder will be the name of your project.
- The templates with folders in the 'KICAD_PTEMPLATES' are listed under 'Portable Templates" tab.
- Select the template and click 'OK'.
- Your project now exists, so you can open EESchema and PCBNew and design as usual.
CHIP DIP Protoboard Example
Using the blank template, I followed those steps to create an empty protoboard, which is available in its own repo here.