#Developer Tools extension to auto save script/css files to SharePoint on the fly
It is the quickest way to change and test content files of your SharePoint App. In addition it might be a good opportunity to fix some js/css bugs without need to deploy scripts using Visual Studio or provide new package of the app.
- Cntrl+s forces js/css to be rewritten;
- Allows modifying SharePoint 2013 App content from the host web;
- Allows to automatically check-out js/css documents if "Require documents to be checked out before they can be edited" SPList option is True;
- Allows quick creation of sample js and css files by executing
SPush(typeOrUrl)in console (see sample video in Links below):
SPush('css')- creates empty style.css and automatically load to current page;
SPush('https://spswide.sharepoint.com/sites/dev/SiteAssets/folder1/mystyle.css')- creates empty mystyle.css by provided url and automatically load to current page;
SPush('js')- creates empty script.js and automatically load to current page;
SPush('https://spswide.sharepoint.com/sites/dev/SiteAssets/folder1/myscript.js')- creates empty myscript.js by provided url and automatically load to current page;
- Default library for sample css/js files is 'SiteAssets'. You can change it from SPush sidebar inside DevTools sources tab. (relative web library Url should be used)
Tested under SharePoint 2010+ (JSOM) on-prem.
I hope this simple tool will save your time!
###Links SPush in Chrome Store
###Change Log 0.63
- Fixed bug with saving in not root site collection.
- Fixed issue with relative URL while editing scripts of apps from the host web.
- DevTools error logging added.
- JSLink save issue is fixed.
- solved issue with saving files with comments and other spec chracters;
- 'style%20library' decoding issue is fixed.
- SPush(typeOrUrl) help file creation method is implemented;
- 'Library url' configureation is added.
- Logo is changed
- Fixed issue which quick snippet SPush('js') on sub-webs;
- Removed dependencies from OOB SharePoint load css/js methods.
- When you change your css from
StylesSidebarPane, chrome automatically fires Cntrl+S, so your css is automaticall saved.
SPush(typeOrUrl)might not load js/css to DevTools source tab when use not in list forms.