Allows the basics of Factory Girl to work on Opal.
opal-factory_girl to your Gemfile:
Use in your application
Similar to normal FactoryGirl. This is mainly useful for assembling test view models/client side classes.
spec_helper.rb or equivalent file, add:
require 'opal-factory_girl' RSpec.configure do |config| config.include FactoryGirl::Syntax::Methods end
Then for each factory file, do something like this:
FactoryGirl.define do factory :currency_vm do skip_create # No persistence right now (see limitations) code 'USD' separator ',' delimiter '.' symbol '$' end end
You will need to
require all of your factory files before using the factories in tests.
- ActiveRecord support is not yet tested (thus you can't use the create strategy)
- ActiveSupport::Instrumentation is not tested
- Automatic population of
created_atattributes is not tested since it uses time zone features
- Modifying existing factories with
FactoryGirl.modifydoes not work
- When specifying the class for a new factory, use the class, not a string representing the class
Install required gems at required versions:
$ bundle install
A simple rake task should run the example specs in
$ bundle exec rake
Authors: Brady Wied
Copyright (c) 2016, BSW Technology Consulting LLC All rights reserved.
Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met:
- Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
- Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND CONTRIBUTORS "AS IS" AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COPYRIGHT HOLDER OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.