CB2 is a complete rewrite of Commons Booking. It is currently under heavy development.
Main reasons for a new code base were:
- Provide a much more flexible booking system, that can adapt to diverse scenarios.
- Create a Database structure that allows for multiple bookings per day (though the booking functionality will not be implemented in CB2.0, possible for a future version).
- Re-Structure the code and allow to create an API to connect CB instances.
- Many feature requests were not possible with the old codebase.
The way forward (for current Commons Booking users)
- There will be no more feature updates for CB 0.X
- Your issues in the CB 1.0 project are not forgotten, we´ll migrate them once we get the base plugin ready.
- Eventually CB 2.0 will include a migration tool, so you can update to the new system.
We are looking for developers, translators and people willing to beta-test new features.
Please contact @flegfleg.
Building Commons Booking 2
We are finishing up the DB structure right now, we will update this page as soon as we have an alpha
Clone & install dependencies
- Clone (or fork)
$ git clone https://github.com/wielebenwir/commons-booking-2.git
- Install dependencies:
$ composer install&
$ npm install
Install DB tables
Currently, the plugin has no installer that creates the necessary database tables, or interface to create slot_templates (used for multiple bookings per day).
For now, just* import this sql file into your db:
- Download .sql file (rename to .sql to import)
*If you don´t use the standad wp database prefix (
wp_), you need to adjust the file before import.
- Navigate to Plugins->Installed Plugins and activate Commons Booking
For a full list of supporters of CB 1.0, see the CB 1.0 repo.