What Can I Do For Wikimedia
- Navigate to the file you wish you change - for example, to add 'tech' suggestions, click 'tech.txt'
- Click the edit (pen) icon in the top right
- Make your changes. Please be sure to follow the file's standard structure.
- Submit a pull request
Server File Structure
The file structure on the server is as follows:
- [marked for later use]
- index.php (nb. uses file_get_contents on index.html)
<a href='url here'>Text to be shown</a>?
- Make the suggestion submission process easier
- index.html is THE MOST hacky way of including something in a webpage and also allowing community input. It uses a PHP 'file_get_contents'. The correct way of doing this, I've now learnt, would be to use a CI to update the code on the shared hosting. We live and learn..
Editing this changes the index of http://www.whatcanidoforwikimedia.org - so only pull request sensible things yeah? :3