You Gotta Make a Movie Night Challenge
Outbrain's frontend guild is proud to host the YGLF night event - "You Gotta Make a Movie"! In this challenge you're going to work in couples and remake a famous movie scene as a cool-funny-creative-mind-blowing video, using only frontend technologies.
- 1st place - 2 Sony Playstations (Classic Edition)
- 2nd place - 2 Polaroid Cameras
- 3rd place - 2 Tetris Devices
Please follow the guidlines below:
- You'll work in couples.
- We provide 5 default base scenes (could be found in the
scenesfolder), and you may either use them or bring one of your own.
- The final video result should be no longer than 20 seconds.
- Feel free to use any frontend technology you want.
- The entry point to your work should be an
- Your code should run on the latest version of Chrome.
- Do not violate copyrights by sharing your work in public (or outside of YGLF).
How to Win?
- We're looking for creativity and innovation, as well as concepts that will blow our mind off.
- Add sounds, subtitles, change the original video and manipulate it, that's exactly what we want to see.
- You'll get extra bonus for using advanced web technology such as Tensorflow, image manipulation, sound editing, etc.
- Frontend jokes are more than welcome, as long as they are not offensive. and funny.
- Be ready for a 60 seconds presentation at the end of the event.
How to Submit Your Work?
- Fork this repo.
- Navigate to the "submissions" folder, and create a new folder with your team's name. Folder name should be lowercased and without spaces or special characters (use dashed instead. For example: "tsachi-daniel", or "team-awesome").
- Add all relevant files to your folder, including a
README.mdfile with an overview and instructions about your project.
- Add your submission to the list of submissions in the
README.mdfile under the
- Once your code is ready, commited, and pushed, create a pull request, and ping us to make sure we merge it to the
If you have any questions, feel free to reach out. Outbrain's team is here to help!
Winners will be announced at the end of the event!