A Python script to batch correct photo distortion for a GoPro Hero2 using the Lenfun database.
Should be adaptable for any camera in the lensfun db.
- Python 2.7 (should work with Python 3 if you have OpenCV with Python 3 bindings)
- OpenCV 2.4.x (with Python bindings)
- Lensfun 2.8+ , lensfunpy
- GoPro.xml lensfun definition in the lensfun path, it's too new to be in the packaged versions (I think it's in 3.0+)
- Put it in ~/.local/share/lensfun/ or in /usr/share/lensfun (on a Linux system)
See pre.sh for more details.
- Install the prequisites
#On Ubuntu sudo apt-get install python-opencv lensfun0 sudo pip install lensfunpy sudo pip install piexif git clone https://github.com/wildintellect/lenscorrection.git mkdir -p ~/.local/share/lensfun/ sudo cp lenscorrection/gopro.xml ~/.local/share/lensfun/
- Open a terminal in the directory where you have photos.
- Run the code
Results will be filename_fix.jpg
- Currently only does GoPro Hero2
- Exif is copied from original image except for a few values.
- Model is set to HD2 U , so you can tell it apart from an unmodified image
- Focal Length in 35mm is estimated based on the lost amount of image from the original, as the correction crops the edges.