v3 introduced a new syntax colour: lavender for functions. This helps tone-down the amount of whiskey colour, which is now mainly used for JSX props. The scopes have also been simplified further, separating them into clear types. However, worry not if you preferred v2, this can still be found in the theme-picker under "Plastic Legacy v2".
- Dark UI elements for all-day coding.
- Small colour palette to avoid visual overload.
- Additional deprioritised-punctuation theme; concentrate on the content.
Inspired by Atom's One Dark theme, yet simpler and darker.
- Shuttle Gray #5f6672 - Comments
- Cadet Blue #a9b2c3 - Punctuation
- Lavender #b57edc - Functions
- Sunglo #e06c75 - Keywords
- Fountain Blue #56b6c2 - Primitives
- Cornflower Blue #61afef - Storage
- Olivine #98c379 - Strings
- Harvest Gold #e5c07b - Tags
- Iron #d4d7d9 - Variables
- Whiskey #d19a66 - JSX props
Themes can always be improved and tweaked so please feel free to log issues and
send pull requests. However, please keep in mind that this theme strives to
remain simple and language agnostic; for example, please do not ask for
blah.blah.c scopes to be added. Also, and this is purely
Clone the repository to
.vscode/extenstions/(remember to remove any other
installed versions of Plastic), run
yarn to install dependencies, and
yarn docs to serve the documentation page.
Use Microsoft's theme color reference for UI theming help.
You'll notice that the syntax is grouped by colour instead of scope. I find this much nicer to maintain.
Happy hacking :)
The themes are created using a generator:
src/build.js. The configuration can
be found in the
Install the dependencies using Yarn v1:
Then compile the theme files to the
themes folder using: