PlanningPoker is an app to facilitate the Planning Poker sessions for Agile Development.
- Real-time application
- Host <-> Guest application
- One browser starts the game as host
- Players can then connect to the game from their own devices
- This allows you to cast the host screen to a big screen for the vote overview while keeping the votes secret until revealed
- Automatically turn cards when every player has voted
- Every player gains the ability to reset the game after cards are turned (No game master needed to control the host)
- Player is automatically removed from the Room when player disconnects
- Cards with most votes are highlighted
PlanningPoker uses the following technologies:
|Express||NodeJS web framework|
|Compass||CSS authoring framework (scss/sass)|
In order to install dependencies for PlanningPoker you can run the following command from the command-line in the /dev folder.
In order to run PlanningPoker you may want to compile it first. This is easily done by running the following command on the command-line in the /dev folder.
That will build all the CSS and JS files and copy the necessary files to the /www folder.
Fire it up!
Start the project by running index.js with NodeJS like so:
The webapplication binds to port 3001.
Run release version
node planningPoker.js in the /www folder.
While in development you might want to watch the SCSS and JS files for changes and have them compiled as soon as possible. This is can be done by running the following command in the /dev folder: