GroupMe Java Wrapper
A Java wrapper for the GroupMe bots api
//create your bot with the ID assigned to you (GroupMe bot creation link below) Bot bot = new Bot("your bot id here"); //send a simple text only message bot.sendTextMessage("Test message"); //send an image with text along with it bot.sendImage("Check out this image", "http://www.wtt.com/Pictures/WTT_logo_color_Jan2010.gif"); //send a location to the chat bot.sendLocation("Home", 38.8977, -77.0366, "The White House");
In order to add the projects code to your project download the most recent version from here and add the jar as a library in your java build path. To obtain a bot with an ID use this form. After creation use the bot id as a parameter when you create your bot object. Here are some other useful links:
- GroupMe docs
- Request response codes can be used to determine debug messages (you will know them when you see them)
- Intro to GroupMe bots without this api not java related
Feel free to add any of these by first forking this repository, create a branch with a name relevant to your addition then create a pull request describing your addition.
- Create a Bot Registrator
- Add a Bot.class method to change the bot name
- Perform message sending work on a seperate thread to prevent blocking
- Add some ability to listen for messages that are sent in the bots group
- Add the ability for the above on a seperate thread
- Maven support
- Anything else you can think of...
If you have any questions about using the API or contributing to it contact me on skype with the username wreed12345 or by emailing me at firstname.lastname@example.org