Play Store Stalker
Get notified via Slack whenever your new Play Store release is available. Meant to be run as a cron job.
- Create a new app on slack
- Grant it permission to send messages as a bot
- Clone this repo on some computer where you can add a cron task
- Create and enter your virtual environment.
python3 -m venv env && source env/bin/activate
- Install dependencies
pip3 install -r requirements.txt
- Set your
SLACK_API_TOKENenvironment variable to the app you previously created.
- Run the program as a test then add as a cron task when you are ready e.g.
*/5 * * * *for every 5 minutes.
$ python stalker.py --help usage: stalker.py [-h] [--debug] package channel Detect changes to Play Store version changes. This requires that you set the env variable of SLACK_API_TOKEN positional arguments: package The play store package. E.g. if your full app url is https://pl ay.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.reddit.frontpage your input here would be 'com.reddit.frontpage' channel The channel to send updates to (use a # too) optional arguments: -h, --help show this help message and exit --debug, -d Enable debug logging. defaults to false