A Zelda-like survival/adventure game,
It's hard to admit this project is largely discontinued, but I've not been motivated to work on it for a long time. I don't think this source particularly represents my current coding style/ability, and, though I've recently waded through it again, I don't think much of it is salvagable for new projects.
This commit represents the last playable build before I started playing around with cleaning up in the dev branch.
Rituals' source is licensed under the MIT license.
How to build (windows)
- Install Visual Studio (I'm using 2017)
- Change the msvcdir variable in make.bat, if necessary
- Download SDL2's development libraries
- Set LIBRARIES and INCLUDES in make.bat to point to those
- You probably want to delete the line "start python autogit.py" in make.bat too
- Run make_from_scratch.bat
- Run make.bat
How to build (other OSes)
(It's entirely possible this doesn't work anymore)
- Install clang or gcc
- Install SDL2 development packages for your distro, or the SDL2 framework for OSX
- Make sure you have sdl2-config
- On macOS, add -framework opengl to the makefile
- Run make.