My Gulp Set-up
I also have a blog post for a little more info on this set-up and why I use Gulp.
Ensure that you have dependencies such as Node installed as well.
Navigate to your project folder in the terminal and run "npm install" which will install the packages listed in the package.json and you're ready to go.
Gulp has been configured to do the following:
- Compile Sass to CSS
- Auto-prefix CSS (write W3C syntax, vendor prefixes added automagically based on Browserslist config in package.json)
- Minify CSS
- Concatenate JS files into a single app.js
- Transpile JS with Babel (based on Browserslist config in package.json)
- Minify JS
- Run ESLint for linting JS
- Run Stylelint for linting CSS and Sass
- Generates Sourcemaps for CSS and JS
- Live updates & remote inspection with BrowserSync
- Notifications on task completion